Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include.
1. Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
2. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
3. Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (Data Protection Number - pz2327502) and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
1. To provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services and/or to provide after-sales service);
2. There may be occasions when we are sometimes unable to purchase your vehicle. In these cases we may pass your details onto one of our partners in order to enable the purchase of your vehicle.
3. In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our Website and issuing e-mails for us.
4. If you have given us the consent referred to above, then from time to time, we may contact you by telephone, email, text, voice or multimedia message with information about new products and services, special offers and/or competitions.
You are of course welcome to ask us what information we hold about you. If you would like us to send this to you it is no problem what so ever, we do charge £10 for this just to cover our administration costs. If you would like us to send any information that we may hold please enclose a cheque or postal order for £10 made payable to Sell The Car Ltd. Address as below -
Sell The Car Ltd
Unit 3, Congleton Business Park
Sellthecar is a registered Trade Mark of Sell The Car Ltd.